Shirahama hamabe tanoshikatta! Mexican riyori oishikatta!

Went to Shirahama beach with a bunch of friends on Saturday. Perfect day for it and the beach was barely crowded because Japanese people don't go unless it is "officially" summer. (And even then half the women are in jeans with giant sun umbrellas --in their defense that's why they look 20 years younger than they actually are).
It was so warm and beautiful and we even got one of the bamboo umbrellas. 

We stopped off for an onsen and then it was off to a Mexican cooking class. I ate way too much guacamole and Tostitos. 



After dinner there was an amusing game of charades, a game you have to be good at if you live in Japan. If anyone got pictures of the actual cooking class, I was too busy devouring a bag of shredded cheese and spilling salsa on myself to think about taking pictures.
Anyway, It was fun times and we had a big turn out. It has been ages since I've had Mexican food. Mmmmm. Afterwards David and David got a little frisky with a dishtowel during cleanup. Per request, here are the pics guys: 



David from Koya made the most amazing cookies. I think I gained about 3 pounds tonight with all the food I ate, but it was well worth it. Oishikatta, ne!
And look at this, men in Japan, actually cleaning. 
Damn, I love western guys--well trained I tell you, and soon I am returning to a country FILLED with them, it's gonna be like living in a candy store, I can't wait.
Then it was a short trip to Ogawa's photoshop for a cup of coffee, too much chocolate and sharing stories about excursions to Thailand. And as I am camera happy lately, I have pics from there too. 



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home