And so it goes
Life is good! Finally sleeping normal hours. Went to a Counting Crows/Goo Goo Dolls concert with friend and old college roommate (fresh/soph year), Bonnie. Damn are we old. The concert was amazing and took me back to when life was a lot more confusing, I never slept and spent way too much time contemplating existence--often times on rooftops and in the rain. Ah college.
The next day friend Ris (since grade school) called to say she was in town and invited me to the PGA TOURNAMENT. We had VIP passes so that was fun, and I got to see Tiger Woods and Luke Donald up close. Very cool--inspired me to learn a thing or two about golf.
My Japanese class in the city is SO HARD, because one of the guys is studying for the fluency test, but it's free so I shouldn't complain. I was really really excited that I could understand the teacher--that was enough of an accomplishment for me. The letter we were translating was all in Kanji. Not so much--I could't even understand one sentence. But there was another guy there at my level and the teacher said the class would accomodate all of us moving from really easy to really difficult. It's a pain to get there from the suburbs but plan to keep going. It's great motivation to keep studying on my own.
Other than that running and trying to convince myself the Chicago Marathon isn't completely impossible at this point. I'll see where I am in October and make my decision then. Eitherway, I am definitely doing it in 2007 if anyone wants to join me.
Still jobless and seeing as I've only been home a month, it hasn't gotten to me yet. I still feel like I'm on vacation. Last night I had a dream I was going back to Japan and then suddenly remembered mid-dream that I had moved out of my apartment and said goodbye at airport and was like "OH NO! NOW WHAT?" haha.
I did take a writing internship, so at least that is a step toward what I want to be doing. Now to find employment for the other 3 days a week. ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home