I ran my first marathon...



....that is if you consider 5K a marathon, which being athletically challenged, I do. My friends Lauren and Belinda and I did the 5K together. They'd been running 3K everyday and I had only been running 2K so I was really worried I wouldn't make it. My goal was to not come in last place. Our friends Mike and Derick did the 10K. Us girls dressed in devil ears. (Lots of people wear costumes). There was a mayonnaise jar and a mushroom running the 10K. It took me 32 minutes to run the race, which is really good for me since the last time it took me 36min. I came in 214 out of 470 people which was much better than last place so I was ecstatic. I was ready to stop at one point when Derick started screaming from the sidelines that the finish line was just around the corner--thank god for him. Anyway I am now addicted to running--have been running on the beach every other afternoon and just signed up for two more 5k runs.

(The before and after shots).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home