Sunday, March 12, 2006

HALF MARATHON

I finished my first half marathon today. It took me 1 hour and 59 minutes to run the 21.5K. And that was 21.5K UP HILL in the mountains. I was all excited because I only finished 15 minutes behind Mike who played football in college, has like 3 percent body fat, works out everyday and was on mad amounts of aphedemines. Not bad for a gal who just started running last year. I hoped to finish in 2 hrs and 10 minutes, but expected 2hrs and 30 min so I was happy. My legs are another story.
My supervisor had mentioned that since the race was in the mountains, there would be "many hills" in the race, and Mike had mentioned that there was "a mountain" as in ONE, we would have to run up. There were in fact several "MOUNTAINS". I think I was pretty much delirious from 13K until the finish line. We got a bag with lots of fun gifts in it like dried mushrooms--how random. That's the country-side for you.
Now my legs are angry and I can't walk from my living room to the kitchen without tears. But yay marathon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home