Happy Post
I had the best weekend I've had in a really long time. It started when Ben and I headed out to Cousin's, a raw food restaurant in Irving Park. (Why is it only gay men share my interests?) Anyway, amazing food--and you feel full afterward but really light--things feel clear. If I am ever rich, I am hiring a raw food chef and that is all I am ever eating--raw food. We also had longevity tea and shots of this stuff called 3E--it's like wheatgrass only it hits you like liquid cocaine--we were so giddy the rest of the night--I don't think we stopped laughing for 5 hours--it is good for your brain and de-stresses you too. I ended up buying a bottle at a nearby health food store.
Then we headed out to House of Hookah--to be sure to reverse any good things the raw food had done for our bodies with a healthy dose of toxic tabacco--we chose a mint-chocolate chip hookah and some expresso, before we went to the 11:30 showing of Baby Go Blind, one of my favorite Neo-futurist plays. Needless to say the show rocked and renewed my need to get to the city so I can start doing theatre.
The next morning we went to a Zen Temple for morning meditation. (Hense the sobriety the night before;-)) Nothing could ever compare to the beautiful temple I stayed at in Japan, with sliding windows that opened onto a zen rock garden for walls, but the place wasn't bad. Although sometimes western zen people are a little too stoned-on-life for me. Still a cool experience. And one I needed badly. Aparently you can live at the temple if you are between jobs/apartments or just need an escape--for any length of time. Glad to know I will never have to stay in a cardboard box--I can always move into the temple, and may give it a try for a few weeks in the future. You can even keep your day job while you live there. I must say my week living at the temple in Japan was one of the happiest/free-est (is that a word) in my life.
Then we went to all-you-can-eat Indian food brunch. SO GOOD. I LOVE Indian food (except for when I had to eat it for 20 days straight in India--then I was dreaming about sandwiches and salads and onigiri (Japanese rice triangles). Then I was home and off to the gym for a much needed run before meeting one of my oldest friends for coffee and a long chat.
After spending so much time doing the el-job-el-bed routine, it felt great to have fun and laugh and feel human again. Man, I gotta get outa here!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home