Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bikurishita!

Today my friend Shiro brought a birthday cake for me to our town office lunch eikaiwa after I brought cake for his 50th birthday last week--it was fun but I feel rather awkward because I know Japanese people are always obligated to return favors in order to save face, so my bringing cake meant he was more or less required to bring one for me seeing as my birthday was the following week---ooops. Didn't mean for it to be like that.
In other news my friend HIRO's wife is pregnant! People my age need to stop having babies! We're not 35--isn't that the official planned pregnancy age?! Who wants rugrats in their 20s? Granted Hiro is 29 and has been married for a few years. Anyway, he is all sorts of excited and he's cooking dinner for his wife every night, which is nice to see from a Japanese guy. Corri, you've gotta tell Britt if she doesn't already know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home