Friday, June 23, 2006

Happy Day

I've had mass quantities of ice coffee today and am grinning from ear to ear to the point where some of my normally shy female junior high students broke the language barrier and asked me why I was so happy today. They also told me I look 23, not 25 so not to worry about my looming birthday, lol. I am feeling better about heading home now that I have managed to find both a Japanese class and a Japanese culture/conversation club in Chicago so I can keep up with the language and hang out with Japanese people. Now if I could just find a writing job and an affordable apartment I would be sorted. Had my last 6th grade elementary class today and took lots of pictures. I've been playing pictonary with all my classes lately and it has actually been really fun. I never thought I would ever say this, but I am actually gonna miss kids and teaching. They are excited about having a boy English teacher in September. His name is Ryan--the new teacher. In Japanese his name sounds like "Lion" so they were drawing pictures of lions and writing "lion sensei" next to the pictures---they thought they were so funny. A lot of them had no idea I was leaving. They wanted to know if I was going home to get married, lol. In my crap Japanese I was like "married don't need." They thought that was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home