Vegas take two
Greetings from Vegas! So far I'm enjoying Vegas much more than last year. For one, we're staying at Balley's instead of the Rio. And Balley's includes "Paris" so there are many cool places to eat and shop. Tonight we had dinner in the Eiffel Tower which overlooks the Bellagio fountains. (Last year I was very eager to see them and this year I've seen them about 12 times already.) Best dinner with the most amazing Pinot Noir I've ever tasted, and I frequent wine tastings so this is saying something. Earlier today we visited "Great Buns Bakery" and this being Vegas they intend the inuendo and make as much clear with their logo. They service most of the big hotels out here with their bakery products even after their old bakery burnt down and they had to rebuild. I was the photographer for the day while Paula did the interview and not being a professional photographer I was a bit nervous but all the photos seem to have turned out well so that is a relief. Yesterday we hung out by the pool for a bit and then went to see Cirque Du Solei. If I had my life to do over I would have started training for them at age two and then I could be an acrobat for a living. Other than that, trying not to panic over the impending financial crisis which will hit the publishing industry pretty hard. Probably due to the economy it seems much emptier here. The airport was less overwhelming-not as much dinging and ringing or mass crowds of people at the baggage que, and you can actually hear yourself talk in the hotel casino, which never happens. Tomorrow starts the tortilla convention. Woot.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home